Tulisa V Festival trial adjourned until July

Tulisa Contostavlos must wait till July to discover the outcome of her trial

Tulisa Contostavlos must wait till July to discover the outcome of her trial

First published in News

FORMER X-Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos must wait till July to discover the outcome of her trial over claims she assaulted a celebrity blogger at the V Festival.

Writer Savvas Morgan alleges he suffered swelling to his eye after an alleged incident involving the 25-year-old at the event in Chelmsford last August.

But the ex-N-Dubz star has claimed she did not attack him and has been the victim of a vendetta, saying Mr Morgan had a "strange obsession" with her.

Ms Contostavlos denies an assault charge.

The star is on trial at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court with her assistant, Gareth Varey, who is accused of threatening behaviour, which he also denies.

The case had been due to conclude but following legal argument today, District Judge Angus Hamilton adjourned the case so that further witnesses can be called.

One of the outstanding issues surrounds the existence of a "lost" photograph of Mr Morgan's injuries.

There will now be no verdict until at least July 2 when the case will resume.

Judge Hamilton said: "I am anxious this does not go on any longer than necessary."

The singer has described the incident as nothing more than a "playground slanging match" which had been used as part of Mr Morgan's "vendetta" against her.

Ms Contostavlos, who claims she kept her hands behind her back during the confrontation on August 18, said Mr Morgan had attempted to follow her back to her Winnebago at the festival after she had watched a performance by Beyonce when she asked him to stop.

“There was a point that I swore," she added. "At the start I was trying to be calm but this approach did not seem to work with him as he got more heated."

Mr Morgan told District Judge Angus Hamilton that Ms Contostavlos raised her fists in the air and was swinging her arms.

He said: “Everyone was jumping around trying to get at me, there was a lot going on.”

Asked if one of her limbs made contact with his eye, he said: “Yes.” He said he was then led away by security.

Contostavlos and Varey, 28, both of Royal Drive, Friern Barnet, north London, are both on unconditional bail.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree