Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting CWNEWS to 80360 or email us »
Elderly woman suffers smoke inhalation after flat fire
5:15pm Tuesday 25th March 2014 in News
AN 86-YEAR-OLD woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after her Chelmsford flat on Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters were called out to Thetford Court at about 1.40pm to reports of a blaze in one of the properties.
Crews reported the premises was heavily smoke-logged and had to use a high pressure fan to clear the flat after the flames were extinguished just after 2pm.
Paramedics and firefighters treated the elderly woman at the scene by giving her oxygen.
Comments are closed on this article.