Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting CWNEWS to 80360 or email us »
Road closures in Chelmsford for Tour de France stage revealed
12:35pm Tuesday 25th February 2014 in News
ROADS which will be closed around Chelmsford when the Tour de France comes through in July have been revealed.
On Monday July 7 the peloton will pedal through Essex as part of the second stage of the race with thousands of bike lovers set to line the streets to watch.
Ahead of the big day, bosses at Essex County Council have announced which roads across the county will be shut off to allow for the riders to pass through.
In Chelmsford, the following road restrictions will apply between 8am and 5pm:
• The roundabout turn right into Main Road towards Great Waltham.
• Continue on Main Road through Howe Street and in the centre of Great Waltham turn right into South Street.
• South Street becomes Breeds Road and goes through Fanners Green and Chignal Smealy.
• The junction turn left into Woodhall Hill.
• Follow Woodhall Hill which turns into Chignall Road, at the junction turn right and continue along Chignall Road.
• The traffic lights turn right into Roxwell Road the A1060.
• Continue along the A1060 and turn left into Vicarage Road towards Roxwell.
• Continue through Roxwell where Vicarage Road turns into The Street and then Elms Road.
For more information about the day itself, visit www.essex.gov.uk/pages/tour-de-france.aspx.