A HOUSE in Chelmsford was struck by lightning.
Firefighters were called to the house shortly after midday on Sunday, after the strike left the property's chimney stack in a precarious position.
Crews used an aerial ladder platform to access the chimney and had made it safe by 1.15pm.
The lightning strike did not cause a fire.
Over the weekend, a large storm raged over Essex.
On Saturday evening, all Greater Anglia trains through Chelmsford were suspended after wind caused a tree to topple onto the line.