THE JURY in the V music festival murder trial are expected to retire to consider their verdict tomorrow.
Sam Martin is accused of murdering Anton Jardin at a party yards from the festival in Chelmsford last August.
The 26-year-old denies murder but has admitted the manslaughter of Mr Jardin.
The prosecution at Chelmsford Crown Court has alleged Mr Jardin, 39, from Eastwood Road, Rayleigh, was the victim of a "brutal and sustained attack."
The jury of eight women and four men have been told Mr Jardin suffered a number of injuries including a broken cheekbone and broken jaw during the assault.
And a pathologist has told Chelmsford Crown Court the injuries were consistent with him being hit with fists or kicks.
But Martin has told the jury he only hit Mr Jardin with one punch and there had been no kicking or stamping as the prosecution has alleged.
The trial has heard how Mr Jardin and a man called Clint Spearpoint got into an argument at the party in London Road, Chelmsford, on August 19 and Martin intervened.
At the time, Martin, Eastwood Road, Leigh, was working for Mr Spearpoint on an air conditioning contract for London Underground and was going out with Mr Spearpoint's sister Georgia.
Martin has been accused of punching, kicking and stamping on Mr Jardin.
But he has told the court he only delivered a single punch to the right side of Mr Jardin's head.
Once he fell to the ground, Martin has told the jury how he went to the aid of Mr Jardin giving him heart massage and mouth to mouth.
Prosecutor Andrew Jackson and defence barrister William Boyce QC finished their closing speeches to the jury on Thursday afternoon.
Trial Judge Christopher Ball QC is expected to finish his summing-up of the evidence to the jury on Friday morning before sending them out to consider their verdict.
*The trial continues.