Fireworks set off into family home

First published in News

FIREWORKS were lit through a family’s letterbox causing £300 damage to the property.

The carpet at the home in Thames Avenue, Chelmsford, set alight during the incident which happened during the early hours of Sunday morning.

Both fireworks which were put through the door extinguished naturally.

An investigation has been started by Essex Police into the incident, which has been classed as an act of criminal damage.

Pc Debbie Jelliss, the investigating officer, said: "The family awoke on Sunday morning to find these two fireworks which had naturally extinguished themselves.

“This was a scary discovery and we are now trying to ascertain the motive behind such an act which could have caused the whole house to light up and put the family’s lives at risk.”

Anyone with information is urged to contact officers at Chelmsford police station on 101.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree